It's Time to "Re-Open"
In-Person Meetings to Begin Again
Progress in the distribution of the COVID vaccine in our area means that we can now safely reopen the Village to limited in-person events and volunteer support. In doing so, we will carefully follow the latest CDC guidelines.
If you enjoy our virtual events, or feel more comfortable meeting virtually, don’t worry. These will continue. We are committed to offering both in-person and virtual programs so that the greatest number of members may participate and feel comfortable doing so.
THE LATEST CDC GUIDANCE
Our decision is consistent with the latest safety guidance from the CDC for people who have been fully vaccinated. The CDC has determined that fully vaccinated people can:
Visit with other fully vaccinated people indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing.
Visit with unvaccinated people from a single household who are at low risk for severe COVID-19 disease indoors without wearing masks or physical distancing.
Refrain from quarantine and testing following a known exposure if asymptomatic.
WHAT IT MEANS FOR THE VILLAGE
Thanks to this guidance, we will now be inviting fully vaccinated members to participate in in-person events if they are comfortable. Here’s what this means:
- We will schedule indoor activities in private homes among small groups of fully vaccinated people without the mandate for wearing masks or physical distancing.
- We will allow indoor volunteer services for fully vaccinated Members Plus, this includes social visits, light household repairs, and technology assistance for fully vaccinated members.
- We will accept requests for transportation for Members Plus without limitations of the purpose of the trip.
- We will host outside events with groups up to 25 people with physical distancing and wearing masks.
- We will continue virtual programs, member check-in calls, and other activities that do not require individuals to gather.
- The Village office will remain closed at this time, but staff will continue to work remotely and special projects among those fully vaccinated may take place in the Village office.
WHAT IT MEANS TO BE FULLY VACCINATED
A “fully vaccinated person” is someone who has received the full series of shots for the vaccine they have been given and has waited the recommended two weeks.
To read more about our approach to a "re-opened" Village, click here.