Our Sustaining Donors
The Village thanks our Sustaining Donors for the ongoing support that helps make our mission possible.
Roberta and Philip Cronin
Ruth Faden & Tom Beauchamp
Tom & Elizabeth Fox
Paul Frick & Martha Coven
Anne Keiser & Doug Lapp
Jeffery Lofton & Erich Parker
Louisa & Bill Newlin
Joe Oppenheimer & Edie Fraser
Jinny and Bob Stern
Barbara Stevens & Rufus King
Marjorie Dick Stuart
Carla Saenz & John Tisdale
David Shulenburger & Carol Prentice
Pat and Bob Wittie
7 Ways to Financially Support the Village
Learn about these options for supporting the Village that may have important tax benefits. Consult your financial planner.
1. Make a gift of publicly traded appreciated stock.
2. Name the Village as a beneficiary of your IRA, 401K, or other qualified retirement plan.
3. Designate the Village to receive direct distributions from your IRA to meet your required minimum distribution, if you are 70 1/2 or older.
4. Name the Village as a beneficiary of your life insurance policy.
5. Consider funding a Charitable Remainder Trust that will provide the Village with funds after your death (or the death of your surviving spouse) but provide income tax benefits now.
6. Consider funding a Charitable Lead Trust, which will allow the Village to receive income from stock or other assets for a defined period, after which the trust assets are distributed to your family or other beneficiaries of the trust.
7. Consider contributing to the Village through a donor advised fund that you may establish with the Greater Washington Community Foundation or any other entity that administers such funds.